True West Coffee, 313 Main St, Hamilton, OH – http://truewestcoffee.com
Leo’s Coffeehouse, 2301 Indian Mound Ave., Norwood, OH – 7pm – http://queencityballadeers.org
Nashville-based singer-songwriter Jessica Campbell’s song “Time” is one of 15 featured flight boarding tracks for the month of September on Delta Airlines in-flight entertainment music programming. Her track appears alongside songs by such artists as Michael Buble, Sheryl Crow, Norah Jones, Josh Groban, Cee Lo Green, India.Arie, and Ryan Cabrera. “Time” is from Campbell’s second album, The Anchor & The Sail, which was released April 30, 2013, via Little London Records.
Another track from The Anchor & The Sail (“Be You”) is currently part of Crate & Barrel’s “Get The Download” offer. The song is available via free download from Crate & Barrel; the offer is presented on in-store cards (while supplies last), as well as online at the Crate & Barrel website and in Crate & Barrel catalogs. The promotion runs from through October 2013.
Campbell is currently promoting The Anchor & The Sail and has planned a number of tour dates throughout the rest of the summer and into fall, including house concerts in addition to regular performance venues. (See full tour schedule below.) Press has been praising The Anchor & The Sail since its release:
– “Gone, Jessica Campbell: Campbell brings a limpid soprano and an unsentimental candor to this account of learning through mistakes from The Anchor and the Sail.” – USA Today
– “…this Nashville-based singer/songwriter has a knack for composing quick hooks and full-fledged melodies that charm effortlessly. …a pop recording that’s sometimes rootsy, sometimes pure, and always engaging.” – Sound & Vision
– “…armed with a pitch-perfect voice and a knack for bouncing between acoustic coffeehouse tunes and lush, radio-ready anthems.” – American Songwriter
– “…gorgeous vocals and a strong sense of Americana.” – Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
– “The Anchor & The Sail is the kind of album that hits you in the heart, the mind, the body, and more importantly, the soul. …It’s too good of an album to not get attention. Simply one of 2013’s best albums.” –RoughStock.com
The Anchor & The Sail, produced by Campbell’s longtime creative collaborator Cason Cooley (Katie Herzig, Mat Kearney, Matthew Perryman Jones, Sixpence None The Richer, Andrew Peterson), refines the whimsical pop of her previous album but also adds elegantly essential acoustic songs reflective of her intimate live shows. Special guest, singer-songwriter Dave Barnes (Grammy-nominated for “God Gave Me You”), is featured on the song “Mississippi.”
Campbell previously won “Best Song” in the esteemed USA Songwriting Competition, and she has had songs placed in ABC’s Ugly Betty, CW’s Hart of Dixie, CBC’s (Canada) Heartland, CMT’s Melissa & Tye, and VH-1’s Tough Love New Orleans. Her 2011 album Great Escape climbed to the #5 spot on the iTunes singer-songwriter chart. Campbell was born and raised in the one-stoplight town of Catawba, North Carolina, where she grew up singing gospel, country, show tunes, and singing in competitions. She attended college and graduate school at Middle Tennessee State University outside of Nashville, while continuing her musical journey—writing songs, recording, performing at Dollywood (Dolly Parton’s theme park), singing song demos, leading music at church, and touring.